Scholarship Award Details
- Five (5) $2000.00 scholarships will be awarded per year.
- Recipient must be enrolled as a full time student in the Summer or Fall 2023 term and continuously. Documentation verifying full time enrollment must be provided to the NATO of PA office to collect any funds from scholarship award.
- Funds to be used for tuition, on-campus housing, required course textbooks and materials.
- Deadline for submission is April 14, 2023. Winners will be announced by May 15, 2023.
Who is Eligible?
- Any high school senior or college student who has been employed for a minimum of 6 months by a NATO of PA member organization. Member organization’s dues must be paid for the 2023 calendar year.
- Applicant must be employed in the state of Pennsylvania, but can reside out of state.
What are the Qualifications?
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must either:
(a) be a senior in high school who has been accepted to a post-secondary or vocational institution for Summer or Fall 2023, or
(b) be currently enrolled in a post-secondary or vocational institution and returning in Summer or Fall 2023 or
(c) be a returning student who has been accepted to a post-secondary or vocational institution for Summer or Fall 2023.
- Upon request, all applicants who are attending a new school in Summer or Fall 2023 must send a copy of their letter of acceptance for the Summer or Fall 2023 term to the NATO of PA offices.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full time student in a vocational institution or college program for the entire Summer or Fall 2023 term to receive the award. Proof of full-time enrollment is required prior to awarding of any scholarship funds. Documentation must include name of student, class schedule and name of school. (Copy of document or screen shot from institution web site is acceptable.)
- The NATO of PA office must be notified if a scholarship winner leaves the employment of their NATO member employer between March 31, 2023 and throughout the disbursement period of the Award. Scholarship winner must provide an authorization for HR department to supply a letter stating that the employee left in good standing and is eligible for rehire.
- NATO of PA reserves the right to publish winning essays, thank you notes and photographs in its newsletters, on its web site, and in other media in connection with NATO of PA or the NATO of PA Scholarship Program.
- Applicants must enter into an agreement with NATO of PA concerning the terms of the scholarship award including the information in this application.
- Application opens Friday, February 17, 2023. The link to the online application will be posted here.
- Have your supervisor/manager complete a Manager Recommendation. When completing your application, you will be prompted to enter your manager’s email address. Your manager will automatically receive an email request to complete the recommendation portion of the application.
If you have any questions regarding the NATO of PA Scholarship Program, please contact us at [email protected].